FORMS, DOCUMENTS, RULES & POLICIES
►Let Kids Play Foundation
►Kid Sport & Application Form
►Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
►KMBA Boundary Map
►BMBA Release Application Form
►2013 BCMB Rule Book
►Summer Baseball Coaching Application Form
►KMBA Spring Jersey Release Form
►KMBA Summer Jersey Release Form
►RCMP CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK 1 OF 2
►RCMP CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK 2 OF 2
►KMBA CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK VERIFICATION FORM
►KMBA CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK REQUEST FORM
Association Boundaries and Player Releases
KMBA applies the BC Minor Baseball Association rules and regulations regarding player movement requests. Players who reside within our approved boundary area are expected to register with KMBA and play within their age Division as long as we offer that level of baseball within our program. (click to see map)
If you are considering moving from another boundary area, or wish to apply for a release to register outside our area, please review the BC Minor Baseball rules and regulations prior to submitting an application.
Registration Fee Refunds
In order to initiate a refund for league registration fees at Kelowna Minor Baseball, parents must advise their Division Director of their intent to withdraw. The date of this request will be the date used to process any deductions to the refund.
Refunds for Winter Indoor Program:
A full refund will be available, less a $25.00 administration fee, up until first session. After first session there will be no refund. Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the KMBA Board based on additional information submitted by the requester.
Refund Reduction Timeline
- Registration until April 15 - $25 administration fee
- April 16 until first game - 50% of registration fees refunded when uniform is turned in
- After first game - no refunds
- Exceptions to this policy may be granted by the KMBA Board based on additional information submitted by the requester.
Player Promotion Guidelines
The policies and practices listed below were developed to assist parents, coaches and administrators in understanding the process followed during a play-up request. Conditions and minimum standards are also described.
1. Under-age players wishing to participate in an advanced division must:
- Be of second-year age in their registered division
- Posses exceptional skill, maturity and understanding of the game when compared to players of their own age
- Be able to perform and conduct themselves at a level which surpasses the average second-year player of the intended division.
2. Players interested in playing up will only be permitted to enter the evaluation phase if divisional wait-lists have been satisfied and vacant room still exists on teams. KMBA will cease processing wait-list registrants two days prior to the first evaluation date for that division.
3. A parent's interest in coaching or managing at a certain level does not necessarily qualify their child to participate in that division.
4. Exceptions to this practice can be made by the KMBA board of directors, through a letter of appeal.
It's important to remember, if permission is granted for a player to play in a higher division, that player will not be permitted to play Allstar (summer) baseball back at the lower Division. They will remain at the higher Division for the full year.
Spring Ball Evaluation.
Each division is required to hold 3 evaluations prior to team selections. Player must attend 2 evaluations minimum in order to be considered for double (AA) teams. Players will receive points on batting(15), pitching(15), infield(10) and outfield(10) with total of 50 possible points per evaluation. Division directors will add up the points from the top two evaluation and players will be ranked from strongest to weakest.
Spring Ball Team Selection
KMBA will hold a player draft type team selection process in order to have equally balanced spring teams. Where there is a tired division, double (AA) coaches will be able to select from the top 15 player per (AA) team first. After double (AA) teams have been selected single (A) coaches will be able to select their teams. Where a coach has a son or daughter that child will be assigned to their team at the appropriate time.
Summer Ball Evaluations
Each division is required to hold 3 evaluations prior to team selections. Players must attend a minimum of 2 evaluations. Players will receive points on batting(15), pitching(15), infield(10), outfield(10) and coach ability(10). Coaches will add up the points from the top two evaluations and players will be ranked from strongest to weakest.
Summer Ball Team Selection
Coaches will be able to select from the top 15 players. If all roster spots cannot be filled with KMBA players the coach may go outside the association to fill the remaining spots.(Reviewed only for AAA Teams)
Summer Ball Coach Selection Process
Head coaches must submit their application to the VP of Baseball by May 1. Assistant coaches must submit their application to the VP of Baseball by May 15. Vp of Baseball, Player Coach Development Director and Division Director will be the three man committee in charge of coach selections. The Committee will select the head coach by May 15. The Committee will review and approve the head coaches selected assistant coach by may 30.
Criminal Record Checks
Head coaches and assistant coach must have a criminal record check. KMBA will reimburse coaches after they have coached for the year.