Player Promotion Guidelines (2010)
The policies and practices listed below were developed to assist parents, coaches and administrators in understanding the process followed during a play-up request. Conditions and minimum standards are also described.
1.) Under-age players wishing to participate in an advanced division must:
- be of second-year age in their registered division
- posses exceptional skill, maturity and understanding of the game when compared to players of their own age
- be able to perform and conduct themselves at a level which surpasses the average second-year player of the intended division.
2. Players interested in playing up will only be permitted to enter the evaluation phase if divisional wait-lists have been satisfied and vacant room still exists on teams. KMBA will cease processing wait-list registrants two days prior to the first evaluation date for that division.
3. A parent's interest in coaching or managing at a certain level does not necessarily qualify their child to participate in that division.
4. Exceptions to this practice can be made by the KMBA board of directors, through a letter of appeal.
It's important to remember, if permission is granted for a player to play in a higher division, that player will not be permitted to play Allstar (summer) baseball back at the lower Division. They will remain at the higher Division for the full year.